This was hands down one of my favorite interviews I’ve done in a while because I got so many cool new ideas for things we we could do with our iPhones. I’ve already had a blast messing around with some of these apps.
Here are some highlights from my chat with Tom:
- Why Using New Technology is Important
- Lessons from Big Brands that You Can Utilize
- The Importance of Differentiation
- How Tom Used Social Media to Alter the Brand Perception of Mardis Gras
- A Look at Building Relationships with Influential People
- Why Multimedia Content is Going to be the Next Iteration of Social Media
- The Disconnect Between Big Brands and Bloggers
Some of the resources mentioned in this episode include:
- 28 Tips for Producing Content with the iPhone
- How to Create Content With Your iPhone (SM examiner post)
- The iTimelapse Video Tom’s 7-Year Old Son Made
Some take-way Action Tips for you:
- Respond to a comment using a video reply
- Find Your Most Popular Post. Ask the people who shared or commented on it why they liked it.
- Identify the Common Elements between Your Most Popular Posts
- Create one piece of video content by interviewing somebody.
- Take a Post That You Would Normally Write, and create a video from it.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.