Stephanie was a longtime BlogcastFM listener whom I didn’t know. When she released her Going Pro magazine and I started digging through it for potential guests, she connected with me on twitter. After talking to her for a few weeks, I realized she has a wealth of branding and marketing knowledge. So, I knew she’d be a fantastic guest. Don’t forget to share this episode on twitter with the hashtag #OWIB.
Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- How Stephanie’s Background In Non-Profits Influenced Her Current Work
- The Big Mistakes that Solopreneurs Make in Running Their Businesses
- Why You Have to Act as the CEO of Your Own Company
- Key Insights on How to Execute Collaborative Projects
- The Importance of Identifying Objectives In Your Projects
- Why There Have Been Multiple Iterations of Stephanie’s Business
- Some Tactical Tips on Getting Clarity on Your Brand Message
- Deciding How You Want to Show Up in the World
- Knowing the Difference Between Your Audience and Your Peers
- The Importance of Determining How Much Money You Need to Make
- Creating a System that Enables You to Sustain Your Revenue
- Proactive Measures that Increase the Likelihood of Selling a Product
Some Tweetable Insights and Quotes Include:
- If you don’t have clarity on where you want to go, you’re just going to meander (Click to Tweet)
- Why spend time in business doing things that are sucking the lifeblood out of you? (Click to Tweet)
- Focus on your inherent strengths and you’ll do way better in business (Click to Tweet)
- Business is 90% mindset in many ways (Click to Tweet)
- If you’re not willing to promote your business and let people know what you have, you have a hobby (Click to Tweet)
Stephanie Pollock is a business activator and leadership coach for women entrepreneurs who want to GO PRO. She’s a doting mom, Food Network junkie, and Starbucks addict. You can follow her on twitter @Steph_Pollock.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.