Sid here, and I’m writing up this podcast because Srini is busy preparing for his BlogWorld presentation next week.
Before I get to what we cover in this special episode, I want to give a shout out to the BlogWorld team, including Deb, Rick, Dave, Lara, Chris, and everyone else who has been doing such a phenomenal job, as well as all the track leaders.
Scroll down for information on the details of Sid and Srini’s presentations, as well as the exact time and location we’re speaking.
In today’s episode we break down:
- Srini’s Presentation on Maximizing Engagement
- How Srini is Preparing – with the Help of a Presentation Expert
- What Sid Means By “Applying” Rather Than “Abusing” Influence
- How You Can Meet Us at BlogWorld
Srinivas Rao and Sid Savara are the co-founders of BlogcastFM – and they’re BOTH speaking at BlogWorld LA (use code BLOGCAST20). Srini is an avid surfer and personal development blogger while Sid is a software engineer who has set up more blogs than he can remember. You can follow them on twitter: @skooloflife and @sidsavara.
Sid’s BlogWorld Presentation
Accelerate Your Blog’s Growth Using Cialdini’s Six Weapons of Influence
3:45 PM to 4:45 PM – Thu., Nov. 3rd, Room 502 B (Put it on your calendar)
Track: Traffic & Distribution
Sid Savara breaks down each of Robert Cialdini’s Six Weapons of Influence, and scientifically applies them to blogging. These 6 “weapons of influence” include Reciprocity, Commitment and Consistency, Social Proof, Authority, Liking, Scarcity. Understanding human psychology and the way that your readers perceive you allows you to ethically position your blog in a way that will increase traffic, subscribers, and ultimately help you sell more to your customers.
- Learn how A-list bloggers subtly use the power of persuasion to increase sign ups to their email lists – and how you can, too.
- Sid will demonstrate how he ethically bonds with his audience, and positions himself so they keep coming back for more.
- If you’re looking to monetize your blog, you’ll come away with actionable tips on how to sell more of your product (if that’s what you want).
Srini’s BlogWorld Presentation
How to Maximize Engagement with Your Audience
3:30 PM to 4:30 PM – Sat., Nov. 5th, Room 502 A (Put it on your calendar)
Track: Content Creation
Over the past two years, BlogcastFM has grown to over 30,000 downloads a month and developed a listener base that tunes in for more than two hours a week. Some blogs have thriving communities, while others seem to be in a black hole. In this session, we’ll dissect the keys to maximizing engagement with your audience.
At the end of this session, bloggers will walk away armed with the knowledge that gets their audience talking not just to them, but about them.
- How to Create an Unforgettable User Experience
- Why Relationships Keep Your Readers Coming Back
- Why Quality Trumps Quantity in the Long Run