I met Scott Fox nearly two years ago during a networking event at a bar. At the time, he had already published one book and been successful as an author and entrepreneur. Through a series of fortunate accidents, our paths crossed again just in time for the release of his new book Click Millionaires. He’s a veteran of the web, and he shared some great insights on building a business.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How Scott’s Background in Law and Investment Banking Have Impacted His Entrepreneurial Efforts
- Why the Risk of Entrepreneurship Is Significantly Lower Than Ever Before
- The Importance of Conducting Experiments – and Failing
- The Lessons Scott Learned from His Failures
- The Danger of Spreading Yourself Too Thin
- Why You Must Create Something with a Long Shelf Life
- How to Manage When You Can’t Afford to Outsource Your Weaknesses
- The Advantages of Not Outsourcing In the Early Days of Your Business
- Why You Don’t Need to be the #1 Business in Your Category
- The Importance of Finding Demand First
- Why You Need to Stop Spending Your Time and Start Investing It
- Why Scalability is Essential to Automating Your Business
- Scott’s Writing Process for Click Milionaires
- The #1 Thing That Publishers Look For
- An In-Depth Look into the Click Millionaires Marketing Campaign
- Building Credibility with the Mainstream Media
Scott Fox is a lifestyle entrepreneur, host of ClickMillionaires, blogger, podcaster, and author of Click Millionaires, e-Riches 2.0, and Internet Riches. He is based in Los Angeles. You can follow him on twitter @Scott_Fox.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.