I had Sam here as a guest in the earliest days of the show (See Sam Spurlin talks about the 1st year of Blogging, Building Relationships With Peers, and More). What initially caught my attention about his work was that he grew his blog to over 1,000 subscribers in just a few short months. Sam’s approach to blogging has radically changed in the last year. In this interview you’ll here all about why he completely shifted gears (no pun intended).
Here are some highlights from our most recent chat:
- Why Sam’s Blog Took Him Back to Graduate School
- The Importance of Making Content Accessible to Your Audience
- Putting Yourself Into Your Reader’s Shoes
- Challenging Yourself with Your Writing
- How Sam Grew His First Blog to 1,000 Subscribers Quickly
- Why Sam Abandoned a Blog that He Already Built
- Developing an Authentic Connection with Your Reader
- The Reason Sam Stopped Looking at Blogging Tips
- Why Not Blogging for Money Has Changed Sam’s Experience
- How Sam Uses Video as a Major Marketing Tool for His Coaching
- Why Sam Doesn’t Edit Any of His Videos
Tweetable Insights Include:
- If not challenging myself, I’m not challenging my readers
- You Can’t Keep Emulating the past, and expect the same thing to happen
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.