In this interview, I caught up with Ryan Nicodemus and Josh Millburn. They took their blog The Minimalists to over 100,000 readers in just under a year. In this interview you’ll get to hear about how they did it.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- What it Takes to Leave Your Day Job and Start a Business
- How to Incorporate Minimalism into Your Life without Selling Everything You Own
- One Simple Idea that Will Dramatically Improve Your Writing
- How They Have Made 4,000-Word Blog Posts Incredibly Popular
- Why You Need to be Incredibly Disciplined About Your Writing Process
- The Role that Relationship Marketing Played in Guest Posts
- How Josh and Ryan Successfully Published a Book
- Why Josh and Ryan Did a Book Tour for Their Book
Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus write essays about minimalism and living a meaningful life with less stuff for more than 100,000 monthly readers. You can follow them on twitter @joshuamillburn and @ryan_nicodemus.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.