To say that Robert Greene is a successful author would be a bit like saying that the sky is blue. His books The Art of Seduction, 48 Laws of Power, and The 50th Law have all become bestsellers. I jokingly refer to him as the James Cameron of publishing because he disappears for a few years at a time – then releases an absolute masterpiece. I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy his new book Mastery.
In our chat, you’ll learn all about what it takes to become a master at your craft. Here are some highlights:
- Why Robert Spends Between 2-4 Years On a Book
- The Importance of Looking at Everything as an Apprenticeship
- How Every Job You’ve Had Can Be Incredibly Valuable In Your Work
- The Keys to Finding Your Life’s Calling
- Why There is No One Thing That Leads to Your Life’s Calling
- Why You Have to Be Careful Not to Become a Pale Imitation of Your Mentor
- The Importance of Coaches and Mentors (Something we’ve talked about before)
- The Power of Developing Skills to Offer Your Mentor
- How to Absorb Content in a Way That’s Useful
- Why You Have to Take the Knowledge You Have and Experiment
- The Amazing Stories of Masters Who Failed
- The Writing Process Behind Robert’s 300+ Page Books
Tweetable Insights Include:
- We all have opportunities around us. They’re crossing your path almost everyday (Click to Tweet)
- You have to look at yourself and your life like nothing is wasted. Everything is something you learn from (Click to Tweet)
- Your attitude and your frame of mind will determine what happens to you (Click to Tweet)
- Everyone is born unique. There is never going to be another you. (Click to Tweet)
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.