You may have heard of Peter Shankman (or perhaps seen him on TV – as I [Sid] am editing this he just Tweeted he was going on the O’Reilly factor). Peter has has accomplished a number of things from growing his blog audience to building a successful business online, and doing 50 speaking gigs a year. This interview is dense. We were very happy to get Peter on, and this interview doesn’t disappoint – Peter packed a ton of great information into a short time and I think you’ll gain alot from this.
- The importance of having interesting things to say
- The importance of the “itch to niche”
- Why your audience controls the show
- Why you have to have multiple ways for your audience to reach you
- Why shouldn’t be posting things on Twitter or your blog just for Traffic
- Why Everything You do Should be a platform for Revenue
- Why the end result of a blog shouldn’t be a book deal
- Different ways to get exposure as a public speaker
- Developing your own interesting PR stunts to build awareness for your blog
- Why you should make plans for success
Peter is the Founder of HARO, The Geek Factory, and you can read his personal blog at Shankman.com. He’s also the author of the book Can We Do That: Outrageous PR Stunts that Work. You can follow him on twitter @skydiver.