A few weeks ago, I ran into my good friend Amy Clover at New Media Expo. One of the first questions that always seems to come up is, “So have you been a guest on Srini’s show?” and Amy replied “I haven’t been asked yet” with a smile. The whole thing turned into a joke about what it takes to get on BlogcastFM. You don’t have to cure cancer (which I’m working on so I can speak at TEDx.) Then Amy showed me her project for 2013 and I was blown away by it. So I immediately invited her to make an appearance.
This is a very important episode because I believe the work Amy is doing will help so many people. We’ve all been through dark times in our lives and for some people it nearly broke them beyond repair. We’ve got an opportunity as content creators and people with a voice to help them. So more important than sharing this interview, please do everything you can to raise awareness of Amy’s cause.
Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- How Amy has Used Fitness as a Way to Have a Positive Impact on People’s Lives
- Finding a Unique Angle to Enter a Crowded Market
- The Power of Taking Action and Accidental Discoveries
- Why We Have to Tell Our Whole Story Without Hiding
- How Amy Found a Mentor in Steve Kamb
- Why It’s Incredibly Valuable to Cultivate Friendships With People
- Overcoming the Fear of Being Vulnerable
- Looking for the Common Threads in Your Life for Branding
- How Amy Aligned an Army of Resources to Create an Amazing Charitable Cause
- What’s Necessary to Amplify Your Message
- THe Keys to Taking a Substantial Project from Inception to Launch
- How Amy Managed to Get a Highly Skilled Video Editor to Help Her for Free
- Why You Don’t Need Permission from Anybody to Get Started
- The Storyboarding Process Behind An Incredible Video Effort
- Key Elements of Putting Together an IndieGogo video
- How to Approach People To Help You With Big Projects
Resources and People Mentioned Include:
- 30×30 Project from Amy Clover on Vimeo
- IndieGoGo: http://www.indiegogo.com/30x30project
- Video alone: http://vimeo.com/stronginsideout/30x30project
Amy Clover is a personal trainer, random dance breaker, self-made positivity maven, blogger at http://StrongInsideOut.com , who empowers people to overcome life’s obstacles. You can follow her on twitter @StrongInsideOut.