In the world of social media, Jason Falls is more or less a household name. His blog, Social Media Explorer, has been wildly successful and in this we get into to the details of No Bullsh*t Social Media.
Here are just a few of the highlights from our chat:
- A Look at the the Very Early Days of Blogging
- How Jason Took a Newspaper Column and Published it Online
- The Ad Agency Work that Accidentally Led Jason into Social Media
- The Key to Successfully Building a Business Blog
- Why Attending Conferences and Meeting People in Person Makes a World of Difference
- How to Create an Influencer Marketing Campaign for Your Personal Brand
- How to Actively Participate in the Communities of Highly Influential People
- Why It’s Good to Take an Opposing Viewpoint in Order to Create Buzz
- What Separates the Good Blogs from the Average Ones
- An Interesting Story About a Guy Who Makes a Fortune with an Email Newsletter
- How to Refine Your Speaking Skills
- The Promotion and Marketing Plan for the Book
- The Difference Between Blog Content and Book Content
- How to Leverage a Book to Generate Residual Income
Some people and resources mentioned in this episode include:
- 150 Followers is All You Need
- Todd Defren
- Chris Brogan
- Brian Solis
- Rand Fishkin
- Danny Sullivan
Jason Falls is one of the leading thinkers, consultants, strategists and educators in the emerging world of social media marketing. He thinks a lot and shares it; he also claims that sometimes it’s even useful. You can follow him on twitter @JasonFalls.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.