A few months back, I got an email from the outreach manager at Freshbooks. I had heard their product mentioned multiple times across the social web, so I decided to do some digging. Today, I’m a paying customer of the product. Mike McDerment, their CEO, built Freshbooks from the ground up – and today the company has thousands of paying customers.
Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- How Mike’s Background in Conversion Consulting Gave Him an Edge
- The Importance of Not Burning Yourself Out and Relaxing
- Why Your Own Challenges Provide Tremendous Opportunities
- Knowing When to Bring Other People Into Your Business
- The Key Conversion Metrics to Measure on Your Website
- Taking an Analytical Approach to The Creation of Content
- The Most Important Metrics a Service Provider Can Track
- Making Your Phone Number Available
- How to Provide Value to Your List – Even When They Aren’t Buying
- Making the Entrepreneurial Leap from Your Day Job
- Setting Up Systems to Work more Efficiently and Flexibly
- Why the Drive for Feedback is So Essential
- Critical Cash Flow Metrics and the Impact on Your Business
- Why a Million Little Things Cause Brand Loyalty
Tweetable Insights Include:
- The reason we’re still here today is because we loved what we were doing (Click to Tweet)
- As hard as you’re working for your customer, you have to respect yourself (Click to Tweet)
Mike McDerment is an entrepreneur with two successful start-ups to his name. He talks faster than he writes and can deftly juggle and keep his eye on hundreds of balls at one time. Mike is a founder of the mesh conference, lecturer at Humber College and a frequent speaker at Internet conferences. You can follow him on twitter @MikeMcDerment.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.