Originally published April 20, 2011. Republished as a BlogcastFM Classic on June 14, 2012.
Marcus has a really inspiring story. He’s a guy who didn’t know anything about the online world. Despite that, he went from being a blue-collar pool company owner to a highly successful online consultant. Here are a few of the highlights from our chat:
- Using the Long Tail to Generate Killer Content
- How Make Interesting Content for an Industry That’s Not Sexy
- Turning a Company Website into the Industry’s Most Popular Website
- The Biggest Mistakes Marcus Made in the First 12 Months
- How a Focus on Community and Relationships Accelerated His Success
- Some Killer Tips for Public Speaking Opportunities and Exposure
Marcus Sheridan writes The Sales Lion blog, where he passionately writes about all things inbound as well as content marketing, small business, and life success principles. He’s published three self-help books and became a full-time web coach for businesses in 2010. You can follow him on twitter @TheSalesLion.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.