As many of you know, one of the areas that we’ve been lacking when it comes to guests on our show is mom bloggers. Fortunately, many of our followers on twitter and the people in our circles on Google+ came to the rescue with a list of some absolutely fantastic potential guests. The very first of those recommendations was Lisa Bedford from The Survival Mom.
Here are just a few of the highlights from our conversation:
- Why You Have to Find Something You Want to Write About Frequently
- How to Build Your Writing Skills to Develop a Voice
- Why You Need to Focus on What You Do Best
- The Influx of Opportunities That Are Available in Mom Blogging
- Why You Need to Speak From a Place of Authority in Your Writing
- How to Leverage the Local Media to Get Attention for Your Blog
- Why A Book Deal Is Just One Piece of Your Blogging Puzzle
- The Role of Relationship Marketing in the Ability to Publish Your Book
- Why You Should Put Together a Press Kit for Your Blog
- Integrating All the Moving Parts of Your Blog for Stickiness
Some people and resources mentioned in this episode include:
- The Tim Ferris Effect
- The Glenn Beck Show
Lisa Bedford is a mother of two spectacular homeschooled children and wife to a busy, self-employed husband. She loves Mexican food, a slightly messy house, her big ole white Tahoe, blogging and reading good spy thrillers. You can follow her on twitter @TheSurvivalMom.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.