Note: This post is being highlighted as part of BlogWorld’s Speaker Appreciation Week, October 3-7, 2011. Don’t forget to check out the full list of BlogWorld LA’s 2011 speakers - and yes, Srini and Sid are *both* on it.
This interview was amazing – we immediately get to the meat of how Leo has turned blogging into his career, and take a behind the scenes look into some of the mistakes he’s made and lessons he’s learned while growing and monetizing his blog.
Some of the information he shared with us I’ve never heard in any of his other interviews, and he also gave us some exclusive news about how he’s changing the way he’s monetizing Zen Habits starting this month. To review just a few of Leo’s accomplishments:
- His blog Zen Habits was named one of the Top 25 blogs by TIME magazine.
- His productivity ebook, Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple has sold tens of thousands of copies
- His first printed book, The Power of Less, reached the Amazon best-seller list on its first day and remains one of the top business motivation books on Amazon.
In this interview Leo talks about:
- Why he got into blogging
- The different strategies he’s learned to make his blog successful
- Some mistakes he made early on, and lessons he learned (including being banned on Digg)
- The different ways he tried monetizing his blog in the early days – and how he does today
- An exclusive look into the issues involved selling ads – and why he dropped all his ads on Zen Habits.
- A discussion about the pros and cons of his multiple income streams including: advertising, ebooks, and live courses
- What makes great content
- The surprising truth about how giving away (uncopyrighting) his paid content has made his sales grow faster than ever
- Information about his upcoming A-List Blogging Bootcamp – Blogging as a Career