Jess Van Den sent me an email telling me that she had been listening to the show for quite some time and had a story that she thought our listeners would find valuable. So I decided to do some digging into what she was up to and found myself in a web of multiple projects that Jess had started. As you also know, I tend to love guests from the handmade community since they bring a flood of new listeners and pack our shows with insights.
Here area some of the highlights from our chat:
- How Jess’s Teaching Background Has Informed Her Content
- The Keys to Creating Content that Teaches People
- Why You Need a Blog Post Implementation Plan
- The Evolution of the Social Web Over the Last 4 Years
- Why Jess Uses Her Name as a Her Twitter Account
- Jess’s Twitter Formula for Business, Personal, and Community Streams
- The Importance of Using Social Media to Promote Things You Sell
- Why Jess Doesn’t Have Much of a Personal Facebook Presence
- A Look Into the Process of Creating a Print Magazine
- How Jess Sold Out Subscriptions on Her First Issue
- What Enabled Jess to Organically Attract Advertisers
- How Jess Crowdsourced an Entire Book Using Interviews
Tweetable Insights Include:
- Marketing is a lot more than just chasing the sale (Click to Tweet)
- It’s about about creating something that you like and people enjoy (Click to Tweet)
- Those of us in the handmade community are in the business of making beautiful things (Click to Tweet)
- The best way to learn is from someone who has gone before you (Click to Tweet)
Jess Van Den is extremely passionate and passionately extreme about all things handmade. She makes her living from making and spreading the word about handmade. You can follow her on twitter @JessVanDen.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.