Jennifer Louden was somebody I came across when I saw her name mentioned during the World Domination Summit. As I always do, I decided to do some digging on her background and was really blown away by what I discovered. She’s sold millions of books and been around the world of content development long before the blogosphere existed.
Don’t forget to share this episode on twitter with the hashtag #OWIB.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How Jennifer’s Background in Film Has Influenced Her Work Today
- An Amazing Tactical Insight on How to Tell Better Stories
- The Power of Noticing Sensory Details in Your Life
- Adopting Daily Practices to Cultivate Courage and Awareness
- The Messy Process of Writing a Book and Why You have to Embrace It
- How to Steal Structure from Great Writers
- Translating Ephemeral Thoughts into Content to Find Your Voice
- How to Make the Launch of Your Book As Simple As Possible
- Knowing The Reason Why You’re Publishing Your Book
- A Deep Look Into the Pros and Cons of Self Publishing
- Building a bridge between the things we’re naturally good at and how it’s valuable for other people
Tweetable Quotes and Insights Include:
- You have to connect to stories emotional. You can not go out and borrow stories. (Click to Tweet)
- The fundamental thing that curiosity needs is courage (Click to Tweet)
- We have to get free from self improvement. Self Improvement never works (Click to Tweet)
- You have to be uncomfortable with uncertainty (Click to Tweet)
- Get out of your head and into the felt experience (Click to Tweet)
- We compare ourselves day in and day out. That’s the kiss of death to our own genius (Click to Tweet)
Jennifer Louden is a best-selling author, coach, champion of creative joy, speaker, teacher of teachers, spreader of satisfaction, curious superhero, and generally awestruck at it all. You can follow her on twitter @jenlouden.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.