I came across Jeff Goins a few months ago when I noticed that he was growing rapidly and showing up all over the web. To top it off, all of the advice that he’s writing on his blog is rock solid.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- The 6 Years of Skill-Building that Came Prior to the Launch of Goins Writer
- Essential Lessons from the Earliest Days of Blogging
- The Most Important Question You Can Ask Yourself Before Publishing Each Post
- The Impact that Your Design Has on Your Content
- Defining the Message of Your Blog Through a Manifesto
- Why You Need to Develop Your Own Writing Process
- The Mix of Relationship-Marketing and Good Content Required for Blogging Success
- Why Publishing Every Single Day Hurts Your Blog
- How Jeff Went from Blog to Book Deal In His First Year
- Why Narrowing Down Your Focus Will Result in a Larger Audience
- Writing Content that Your Audience Will Disagree With
Some people and resources mentioned in this episode include:
Jeff Goins is a writer, idea guy, and difference maker. He works at Adventures In Missions, writes in his free time, and believe words matter. You can follow him on twitter @jeffgoins.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.