This week we have a special guest on BlogcastFM Backstage.
David came down with a fever and was coughing up a lung, so I called my friend Megan Morris (see Turning Connections into Business Opportunities and Getting People Involved in What You’re Doing) and I asked her if she would join me for a conversation on how to become a no bullshit blogger. I think you’ll find this conversation really interesting.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- The Power of Being TRULY Transparent and Honest with Your Content
- Why Representing Yourself as Perfect Will Hurt Your Business
- How Vulnerability Causes a Deep Connection with Your Customers
- Lessons from the Work of James Altucher That You Can Apply to Your Work
- Why You Shouldn’t Waste Your Talents Becoming Someone Else
- Guru/Hero Worship – and How It Kills Your Content
- Turning within to Find the Answers to Your Questions
- The Power of Getting Support – Instead of Advice
- The Bullshit Version of Who You Are – and How It Hurts Your Brand
- Finding the Place Where Your Art Comes From
- Coming t0 Peace with Not Being “Productive”
- Why Reflective Time is Essential to Creating Your Best Work
- How Doing Things for External Things Hurts You
- The Advantage of a Service Mentality
- Making the Move Away from Transaction Thinking
Megan Morris is a professional catalyst who turned her popular blog into a mini network of offerings.. You can follow her on twitter @Ideaschema.