A few weeks ago, I kept seeing this manifesto titled How to Be a Remarkable Misfit (PDF) being passed around the web. With a title like that I was immediately intrigued. I get exposed to tons of content on a daily basis because I’m continually on the look out for great work. I can confidently say this manifesto is the best thing I’ve read in the last year. So I made it to a point track down AJ Leon and get him here on the show. Something tells me you’re all going to love this interview and it will be one of the highlights of this year.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How AJ Realized that He Had Built a Life that He Didn’t Want
- The Impact of AJ’s Investment Banking Career on His Life
- Why Wealth Does Not Equate to Happiness
- AJ’s Insights on How to Make a Career Transition
- The Importance of Using Your Free Time to Build Your Side Hustles
- How Making Bold Decisions Changes the Trajectory of Your Life
- The Importance of Projects that Don’t Make Any Money
- Why the Idea of “One Thing” is a Fallacy
- How AJ Developed the Misfit Brand
- Identifying the Essence of Who You Are and Applying It to Your Brand
- A Look into the Writing and Development Process of the Misfit Manifesto
- The Power of a Highly Personal Touch to Your Email Marketing
- Why Motive is An Integral Part of the Growth Process of Your Brand
Tweetable Insights Include:
- The important thing is not to follow well lit paths (Click to Tweet)
- In any good story there are ups and downs (Click to Tweet)
- There’s the life you live and the life you’re destined to lead (Click to Tweet)
- People Follow Boldness (Click to Tweet)
- Whatever You Do Don’t Just Copy the Next Guy (Click to Tweet)
AJ Leon is being a nomad around the world & make things happen. I write about the Pursuit of Everything & am currently traveling around the entire world in 1,080 days. You can follow him on twitter @ajleon.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.