Greg Ciotti is new to the blogosphere as a guy who blogs about blogging. But he’s been around longer than I realized. When I discovered Greg’s blog I was intrigued to learn that most of his blogging success had not come from Sparring Mind, but from a blog that was about electronic music. I’ve found his blog to be one of the most valuable resources in my RSS reader since I started reading it. So, I decided to interview him.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- Why There are Massive Untapped Audiences Outside of the Blogging/Making Money Online Niche
- How the Blogging Knowledge Base Can Be Really Powerful in Other Niches
- The Key Questions to Selecting a Good Topic for Your Blog
- Multiple Examples of Massive Blogs that Are Not About Blogging
- Why You Have to Really Narrow Down Your Topic
- The Secrets Behind How Greg Grew a MASSIVE Facebook Fan Base
- Why Networking with Early Stage Bloggers is So Valuable
- The Importance of Setting Up a Dummy Blog to Play With
- How to Dramatically Improve Your Blog Design With Some Simple Tweaks
- Some Very Simple Tweaks to Improve Your Newsletter
Some people and resources mentioned during this episode include:
Greg Ciotti writes about actionable and practicable content marketing strategies that are backed with actual evidence. He’s not your typical blogger – he likes to blog about topics other than blogging and marketing, too. You can follow him on twitter @GregoryCiotti.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.