I came across Ryan Ferrier by way of another BlogcastFM guest. When I looked at his about page and realized that he had sold a few startups to Zynga, I knew that we had to get him on the show as soon as possible. He may be new to blogging, but his knowledge of business and entrepreneurship are absolultey stellar.
Here are some insights from our chat:
- How Ryan Parlayed a Role as an Administrative Assistant into a Head of Personnel Position
- The Secrets to Finding an Amazing Mentor
- The Importance of a Learner’s Mindset
- The Power of Building Relationships with People Who Are On the Rise
- Why Ryan Gave Up Opportunities to Return to the Startup World
- How Ryan Developed the Message and Overarching Theme of Bootstrap My Life
- Startup Lessons that Can Be Applied to Solopreneur Businesses
- Finding Your Unique Skill that You Can Bring to the Market
- The Iterative Process Startups Use that You Can Use for Your Business
- Killer Tips to Setting Yourself Up for a Career Transition
- Why Mastery Is Such an Important Part of Any Journey
- Why You Shouldn’t Underestimate the Tasks that You Do on a Daily Basis
- Figuring Out the Thing You Can Do Better than Anybody Else
- How to Bootstrap Your Life
- The Three Different Ways to Make an Income
Ryan Ferrier is the founder of Bootstrap My Life. He helps young people invest in themselves professionally so that they can get paid more, do work that they love, and create value for others. He has been part of three startups that were later sold to Microsoft and Zynga. You can follow him on twitter @ryanjferrier.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.