Mike Stelzner is no stranger to success in the world of social media. Social Media Examiner has grown to several hundred thousand subscribers in just less than two years. Today, it’s a go-to resource for many people who are looking for killer content on social media marketing.
Here are some highlights from our most recent chat:
- Why Mike Positioned SocialMediaExaminer as a Magazine Instead of a Blog
- How to Build Authority in a Specific Subject Area
- Connecting Your Skills to Many Different Areas
- The Role that Design Played In the Success of Social Media Examiner
- Lessons from His Other Businesses that Mike Leveraged
- The Power of Having a Well Rounded Skill Set
- How to Discover Inspiration for Content In Your Everyday Life
- The Keys to Leveraging Your Network to Grow Your Blog
- The Secret Sauce that Catapulted Mike’s Growth
- An In-Depth Look at How Mike Puts Events Together
- How Mike Grew His Email List to 170,000 Subscribers
- The Writing Process and Marketing Plan for Mike’s Book
Tweetable Insights Include:
- If you’re not willing to experiment, you’ll never grow (Click to Tweet)
- Be strategic, don’t just create great content (Click to Tweet)
Michael Stelzner is the founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com, author of the books Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competitionand Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged, the popular Social Media Marketing Industry Report, and the man behind large summits, such as the Social Media Success Summit. You can follow him on twitter @Mike_Stelzner.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.