A few months ago, my I saw my friend Dan Andrews share content from a blog called PostMasculine that immediately caught my attention. When I discovered Mark Manson’s content, I was amazed by how he had managed to make something that traditionally has been really sleazy with so much class: a blog on dating and seduction. His content is absolutely stellar and the site is growing like wildfire.
Here are just a few highlights from our chat:
- How Mark Leveraged His Group of Friends to Give His First Blog an Initial Boost
- Why the Content You Wrote 2-3 Years Ago Will Make You Cringe
- The Power of Honesty and Vulnerability in Your Content
- Why You Can’t View Your Content as a Commodity
- An In-Depth Look Into Mark’s Writing Process that Causes Him to Be So Prolific
- Developing a Structure for Your Posts and Writing Without Editing
- Why Creativity is a Habit – Not Something Like Getting Struck by Lightning
- Why Mark Abandoned Writing Solely About Dating and Rebranded Himself
- The Reason Your Business is a Never-Ending Work in Progress
- The Power of Reading Really Great Literature to Improve Your Voice
- Why Your Failure Is Not Something Absolute
- How the Downfall of Your Business Can Lead to Massive Success
- A Collaborative Project that Mark Sells, But Didn’t Write
- Why Not Having a Product Can Cost You Lots of Money
Mark Manson is an entrepreneur, world traveler, writer, and former dating coach, currently teaching radical self improvement for men. He writes about sex, money, culture ,and emotional fulfillment. You can follow him on twitter @PostMasculine.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.