By now most of you know that guests from the handmade community tend to be some of our listener favorites. So after our interview with Mayi Carles, I went to her and asked her to send me a list of the handmade super stars that we haven’t had as guests on our show. At the top of that list was Jessica Swift who I’m thrilled to have as a guest on our show today.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- Why Blogspot is a Great Tool for Dabbling in Your Interests
- The Key Mistakes that Jessica Made Along Her Journey
- The Importance of Having a Plan for Your Blogging Journey
- How to Figure Out Your Business Identity
- The Phases in Every Single Blogger’s Evolution
- Why Little Moments Add Up Over Time
- The Reason You Shouldn’t Look at Too Many Other Successful Bloggers
- Why Jessica Doesn’t Use Her Blog to Make Money
- Why You Can’t Wait for Inspiration to Strike to Get Things Done
- How Jessica and Michelle Started with an E-course that Eventually Turned into a Published Book
- What it Takes to Find the Right People to Collaborate With
- Infusing Personality into Your Marketing
- How the Book Writing Process Differs from the Blogging Process
Some resources mentioned in this episode include:
Jessica Swift is a rain boot renegade, full-time artist and pattern designer, and maker of colorful things that make people happy. She design things that make people exquisitely happy – like paintings, prints, necklaces, and rainboots — for starters. You can follow her on twitter @jessicagswift.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.