Carrie Wilkerson has a MASSIVE online presence of several hundred thousand people. I kept coming across her work in all my social media channels, so I knew it was only a matter of time before we brought her on the show.
Don’t forget to share this episode on twitter with the hashtag #OWIB.
Here are a few of the highlights from our chat:
- How Carrie’s Background as a Teacher Has Helped Her Grow Her Business
- The Importance of Catering to Multiple Learning Styles
- Where the Branding of Barefoot Executive Came From
- Lessons from Cattle Branding that Can Be Applied to Your Brand
- Why Your Messaging Must Be Aligned with Your Brand
- Why Carrie Didn’t Use Social Media Until She had 25,000 Readers
- The Importance and Power of Transparency in Your Content
- Several Tactics and Tips to Help You Grow Your List
- How to Start Making a Transition from Your Day Job
- Why Going After Your Passion First Is a Bad Idea
- How to Listen to What People Need and Align Your Skills
- The Power of Narrowing Down Your Audience
- Why a Publisher Reached Out to Carrie
- Why the Marketing of a Book is an Ongoing Processes
- How Carrie Landed a Speaking Gig in Front of 11,500 People
Tweetable Insights Include:
- Your has to be simple, unmistakable, easy to spot, and hard to alter. (Click to Tweet)
- You can’t be the lukewarm person. You have be either or hot or cold (Click to Tweet)
- It’s really hard to make something work when you’re desperate (Click to Tweet)
- You have to fill your stadium first and then worry about putting on the show (Click to Tweet)
- Book Promotion is a Marathon, Not a Sprint (Click to Tweet)
Carrie Wilkerson is a consultant and strategist for self-employed professionals and small business owners. She is also a wife, mom, author, speaker and joyful human!. You can follow her on twitter @CarrieWilkerson.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.