If you’ve read the 100 Dollar Startup or use Evernote, you may have heard of Brett. It seems like our theme this week is how to turn a product you love into a dream job. Brett’s book, Evernote Essentials, was so successful that the CEO of Evernote offered him a job.
Here are few of the highlights from our chat:
- How Brett Started with a Small Productivity Blog
- Developing the Discipline of Writing 3-4 Times a Week
- What Causes Somebody to Stand Out Online
- Why Your Writing Needs to Be Unmistakable
- How to Position Yourself In Crowded Niches
- The Reason There Is No Silver Bullet In Business
- How Brett and Glen Stansbury Created the Life Remix Network
- The Key to Connecting to Popular Bloggers
- Why You Need to Give Yourself a Taste of the Life You Want
- How Creating Evernote Essentials Resulted in Brett’s Dream Job
- The Power of Writing About a Technology Product to Help a Company Grow
- A Look Into How Chris Guillebeau Produces What He Does
Tweetable Insights Include:
- Making something awesome is the new currency of the web (Click to Tweet)
- Don’t look what you’re doing as evil. A lot of it is your attitude (Click to Tweet)
Brett Kelly writes for Evernote and Bridging the Nerd Gap about technology, productivity, creativity and a few other -ivity’s. He is also an avid coffee lover, likes beer and whiskey and tobacco and irresponsible late night conversations. You can follow him on twitter @inkedmn. Interested in picking up a copy of Evernote Essentials? Use the promo code BLOGCAST and get it 15% off
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.