We had Alex on our show in the very early days of BlogcastFM (Why You Have To Write Compelling Content with @thebridgemaker). Since then, he’s accomplished quite a bit, so I figured it was a perfect time to bring him back on the show to tell us what he’s been up to.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How Alex Grew His Facebook Fan Page to Over 3,000 Fans
- The Importance of a Consistent Facebook Engagement Strategy
- Why You Need to Treat Self-Publishing as if You’re Working with a Publisher
- A Look at How to Develop Your Voice as a Blogger
- Why Alex Redesigned His Website Prior to the Launch of His Book
- How You Know When It’s Time to Write a Book
- The Importance of Working with an Editor for Your Self-Published Book
- Developing a Promotional Plan for Your Self-Published Book
- Optimizing Your Amazon Page for Selling Your Book
- The Advantage of Creating Projects for Everything You Want to Ship
- Why Relationships Play a Huge Role in the Ability to Publish Your Book
- The Importance of Making a Physical Copy of Your Book Available Even if You Self-Publish
Alex Blackwell is a husband, father, and editor of The BridgeMaker – an honestly written blog about faith, inspiration and simple paths to positive change. You can follow him on twitter @thebridgemaker. He’s also the author of the new book Saying Yes to Change: 10 Timeless Life Lesons for Creating Positive Change
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.