Carol Tice is an extremely successful freelance writer – and she’s been at it for a long time. I was really happy to bring her back to BlogcastFM (check out her first interview) to talk about her new book. She is writing about how some of the most well-known companies today got off the ground.
Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- The Difference Between Writing a Blog Post and Writing a Book
- Some Amazing LinkedIn Tips to Help You Get More Freelance Work
- The Key Things that Differentiate Successful Freelancers from the Ones Who Aren’t
- Lessons from Offline Business that You Can Apply to Online Business
- Why You Need to Start Going to Events Outside of Your Industry
- One Simple Thing that Will Dramatically Improve Every Blog Post You Write
- An In-Depth Look Into the Publication and Writing Process of Carol’s New Book, How They Started
- The Insane Focus Required to Be an Entrepreneur
- The Role of Your Audience Size in Getting a Book Deal
Some of the people and resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Pete Savage
- Steve Slaunwhite
- International Freelancers Academy
Carol Tice is a fun-loving, experienced freelance writer, journalist, and copywriter. Her blog is recognized as one of the Top 10 Blogs for Writers 2011. She is also Den Mother of The Freelance Writers Den. Be sure to check out her new book How They Started: How 30 Good Ideas Became Great Companies. You can follow her on twitter @TiceWrites.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.