I came across the work of Cameron Herold when one of our former guests had mentioned his book Double Double. After I read the book, I started following Cameron’s work and knew that he would be a fantastic guest for the show. Once I saw his TEDx talk on Raising Kids to Be Entrepreneurs, I reached out to him right away to see if he’d allow me to interview him.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- Why So Little of Your Time Is Spent Doing “Real Work” at Your Day Job
- How Social Media and Email are Hurting Businesses Today
- Identifying 5 High Impact Activities You Can Do on a Daily Basis
- The Importance of Getting Clear on Your Vision and the Future of Your Business
- Setting a Benchmark for What Your Skills are Worth
- How Cameron Charges $1,200 an Hour for His Consulting Services
- The Importance of Surrounding Yourself with the Right People
- Knowing Where Your Most Important Clients Are Hanging Out
- What it Takes to Build Relationships with Influential People
- How to Narrow The Focus of Your Content Consumption
- Learning How to Outsource When Your Resources are Limited
- Why Tracking Certain Metrics Is a Complete Waste of Time
- Leveraging Your Blog to Build a Profitable Speaking Platform
- Why Cameron Doesn’t Write Blog Posts on a Daily Basis
- The Importance of Self-Promotion
- Why We Need to Get Back to the Basics
Cameron Herold is a father, entrepreneur, coach, mentor, speaker, and author. He is one of the most sought after business minds in North America, mentor to hyper-growth companies, connector. speaker, and MIT lecturer. You can follow him on twitter @CameronHerold.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.