Beth Hayden has an amazing story about going from blog to book deal in record time. A guest post on Copyblogger caught the attention of an editor at Wiley, and she ended up being asked to write a book called in Pinfluence. Since we haven’t covered Pinterest very much on the show yet, I knew this would be a fantastic opportunity to gain some insights on marketing your business with Pinterest.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How Beth’s Tactics and Strategies Have Evolved Over 5 Years
- Why a Self Hosted WordPress Blog is Essential to Your Growth
- A Look at Beth’s Writing Process for Finishing a Book in 6 Weeks
- The Role that Jon Morrow’s Guest Blogging Course Played in Beth’s Growth
- The Surprising Advantages of Guest Posting
- Why Guest Posting Has to Be an Ongoing Strategy
- The Differentiating Factors that Make Your Blog Stand Out
- Amazing Actionable Tips for Marketing Your Business with Pinterest
- Why Taking a Course or Hiring a Coach Opens Up Insane Amounts of Doors
- How to Curate Content on Pinterest Regardless of What Your Blog is About
- A Look at How Big Brands are Using Pinterest
- A Strategy for Collaborating with Other People on Pinterest
- Beth’s Marketing Plan for Her Book
- How to Get Introduced to Literary Agents
Beth Hayden is a nationally-known social media expert and author of an upcoming book about Pinfluence. You can download a free chapter of Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business with Pinterest. You can follow her on twitter @bethjhayden.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.