Hey everybody, we’re wrapping up Season 3 of BlogcastFM with a look back at our best and brightest. Make sure you use the hashtag #bestof2012 if you want to share the interviews.
Erika Lyremark’s name kept coming up as somebody that I needed to have on the show. So as always, I decided to do some digging on what she was up to and was immediately intrigued by her voice and her personal brand. I knew it was only a matter of time before we’d have her as a guest on BlogcastFM. We’re also excited to continue our month of highlighting outstanding women in business. So don’t forget to share this episode on Twitter with the hashtag #OWIB.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
- How Erika’s Experience as a Stripper Provided Valuable Entrepreneurial Lessons
- The Importance of Knowing What’s Going to Be Sustainable for Your Business
- Key Questions for Shaping the Structure of Your Business
- How to Make a Career Transition When You’re in a Full Time Job
- Why Career Progression Isn’t Linear
- Discovering the Intersection Between Your Skills and What People Will Buy
- Why You have to Be a Straight A Student in Your Business
- Tapping into the Things You Enjoyed in Your Childhood to Shape Your Entrepreneurial Desires
- The Key Ideas that Shaped Erika’s Personal Brand
- Why the Things You’re Afraid to Share Could Be Integral Parts of Your Brand
- How Little Actions Add Up Over Time
- Why Erika Is Able to Get People to Repeat Her Programs More than Once
- The Importance of Having Fun with Your Marketing
- A Sneak Peak into Erika’s Book: Think Like a Stripper
- Key Insights Into What Makes Rockstars Thrive
Some Tweetable Insights and Quotes Include:
- Be willing to be uncomfortable because that’s where you’re going to get your best ideas (Click to Tweet)
- No matter how well you set yourself up for success, it is a bumpy ride (Click to Tweet)
- Listen to those things that intuitively keep bubbling up (Click to Tweet)
- You want to be able to bring in all your passions to your brand (Click to Tweet)
- If you just do a little bit of something everyday, you will make traction faster (Click to Tweet)
- If you’re not excited about it, you’re not going to attract money(Click to Tweet)
- If you don’t know how to do something, hire somebody to help you with it (Click to Tweet)
Erika Lyremark was a stripper for almost a decade and is now the business whipstress at Daily Whip and author of Think Like A Stripper: How To Hustle Your Business Like You Mean It! You can follow her on twitter @dailywhip.
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.